At SocialGem, we value the privacy of our users. We understand that privacy is a fundamental human right and we are committed to protecting the personal information of our users. This policy outlines the types of information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it. you can manage your information in the Privacy settings to shape your experience.
What products does this policy cover?
This policy describes the information that we, SocialGem LLC., process to provide SocialGem Products. SocialGem Products, which we also call "products", include:
- SocialGem Spotlight
Information We Collect:
information we collect and process about you depends on how you use our products. For example, we collect different information if you sell on Marketplace than if you post a video on Spotlight.
- Personal information, such as your name, email address, and date of birth, is collected when you create an account on our platform.
- We may also collect information about your use of our platform, such as your interests, posts, and accounts you follow and groups you're part of.
How We Use Your Information:
- We use your personal information to verify your identity, provide you with access to our platform, and communicate with you about your account.
- We use information about your use of our platform to improve our services, personalize your experience, and to provide targeted advertising.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent, except as required by law.
How can you manage or delete your information and exercise your rights?
We offer you a variety of tools to view, manage, download and delete your information. You can manage your information by visiting the settings of the Products you use. You may also have other privacy rights under applicable laws.
To exercise your rights, visit our Help centres, your settings of the Products you use and your device-based settings.
How We Protect Your Information:
- We use industry-standard encryption and security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use.
- We regularly review and update our security measures to protect against new threats.
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep information for as long as we need it to provide our products, comply with legal obligations or to protect our or other's interests. We decide how long we need information on a case-by-case basis. Here's what we consider when we decide:
- If we need it to operate or provide our products. For example, we need to keep some of your information to maintain your account.
- The feature that we use it for and how that feature works.
- How long we need to retain the information for to comply with certain legal obligations.
- If we need it for other legitimate purposes, such as to prevent harm; investigate possible violations of our terms or policies; promote safety, security and integrity; or protect ourselves, including our rights, property or products
Changes to this Policy:
- We may make changes to this policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by updating this page.
By using our platform, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in this policy.