Transacting online is a threat in itself. Online transactions and performing other activities through the web or mobile app have added convenience to our lives and somewhere it seems like jumping on a bandwagon. But what becomes quite important here is to determine the factors that can lead to security compromise of your associated online account.
To be clear, we all know that to remove the limitations of a traditional form of money, online ways of transferring money were introduced, and to facilitate individuals all around the world, numerous online platforms were launched and one among them is PayPal. This read is regarding the same.
This read is crafted to give readers an idea of how to increase the bar of their PayPal login account by modifying the login credentials, to prevent their account from getting compromised.
How to increase the security of your PayPal account?
Before we start getting into the complete process, to change the PayPal account password and the security questions, there is something that all of us should know, to eliminate the struggle of changing the account details.
If you are looking ahead to change the PayPal login password and the security questions then, this can be done through its official website and bot from its mobile app. So, whenever you think of changing these details, reach its official website without looking for a second opinion.
Steps to change the PayPal account password
- Reach the official website of the PayPal
- Get into the account by providing the current login credentials
- Move to “Settings”
- Hit on the “Security” tab, just above your name
- Click on “Update”, next to the “Password”
- In the asked field, enter your “Current Password”
- Create a new and unique password for your account in the designated field
- Re-enter the newly created password for confirmation
- Tap on “Change Password”
And this is how simple the steps are!! By doing so, you have changed your PayPal account password in just a few minutes.
Heading toward changing the security questions
Security questions are saved at the time of setting up the account to ensure the security of the account. But due to any reason or on security grounds, if you wish to change the account password, then you can surely do it anytime.
To answer your question about how to do it, we have enlisted the steps underneath. Have a glance at them:
- Search for the official website of the PayPal
- Get into your account by completing the PayPal login steps, and then move to the “Settings” section
- Above your name, tap on “Security”
- Under the head, “Security Questions”, click on “Update”
- From the drop-down arrow, select the questions of your choice and type in your answers
- Hit on “Save”
The newly selected security questions are now set up along with their relevant answers.
PayPal login details are very sensitive and should be kept behind the veil to ensure the security of your account or to eliminate any happening of malicious or suspicious activity taking place on your account. In case you need any support, get in touch with the customer service team to get answers to your query.