MetaMask wallet is one of the best non-custodial, decentralized Ethereum-based cryptocurrency wallets used to interact with the Ethereum blockchain. It was created in 2016 by ConsenSysa private blockchain software technology company. It provides support for ETH-based tokens such as ERC-20 and ERC-721 tokens. It also allows its users to send, buy, convert, swap crypto tokens, broadcast transactions,store and manage account keys. It supports a broad range of Ethereum-based tokens NFTs (non-fungible tokens) on supported blockchains.
Follow these steps to learn how to use the MetaMask wallet:
- Install MetaMask first, for which you have to go to its official website https://metamask.io/ it offers you support for three major operating systems such as Android, iOS, and Windows. You can download the MetaMask Chrome extension or Firefox according to your choice.
- Once you download and Install the MetaMask wallet extension after following the given instructions for your browser, click on the MetaMask icon located in your browser to open it.
- Now, you have to create a new Account for yourself by setting up a strong password which must have a minimum 8 numbers of characters also make sure your password is unique, strong and difficult to guess.
- Once you have created the password for your MetaMask wallet, you will receive a seed phrase (a seed phrase is a series of 12 or 24 words also known as a recovery phrase which is generated by your wallet, you should have to note it down exactly as it is displayed on your screen as it helps you to recover your wallet data even If you lose your password, your seed phrase allows you to recover your wallet and your funds.
- After noting down your seed phrase, you have to click on the “Next” button displays on your screen. After that, you have to confirm the backup phrase by entering the backup phrase as same as you entered on the previous screen and click on “Confirm” to complete the process.
- Once you have set up your wallet, you can add funds to your wallet for transactions.
- To add funds you have to click on the “Deposit” button for selecting the cryptocurrencies which you want to deposit in your wallet. You can add ETH and any ETH-based token (ERC-20, ERC-721, and more).
- Once you have added funds to your wallet you can use it to send and receive transactions. For sending the transactions you have to enter the recipient address and the amount to whom you want to send and click on “Send”,the transaction will be confirmed on the blockchain and after that, your funds will be transferred.
- Connect to dApps: One of the most exciting feature of the MetaMask wallet it allows you to connect with dApps (decentralized applications). In your dApp, you will find a “connect to your wallet” button or a similar option and finally, now you are connected to the app and can use its features.
MetaMask wallet is a user-friendly crypto wallet that allows you to securely store and manage your digital assets. It also provides a better scope for integration as emerging dApps are designed for compatibility with the wallet.